Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Paper Ornaments


Ever girl that walks into our little apartments comments on these adorable paper ornaments!


Our tree when it was done bring decorated!
Light: k-mart
Ornaments: Dollar store, Walmart, and homemade!




Sorry I did not take pictures of the making process but it is so easy, sooo easy! If you've noticed I'v been all about the quickest crafts ever! Although if you plan on making a lot of them like I did it takes a long time.

You'll Need:
Scrap booking paper (Double sided best)
String/thread
Glue
Scissors/Paper cutter

1. Cut your paper. (If its not double sided it will still work, but you can see inside and so it looks much better if there is a pattern/colour inside and outside). You will want to cut a lot of little strips. Half inch wide and four inches long is what I did. You will need six for one ornament.

2. Take your glue (glue gun works best) and two strips of paper. Glue their ends together so that it looks like a circle. 

3. Take you're remaining four pieces of paper and glue them to the top and bottom of your circle to make a round ornament like shown below!

4. Tie you're string or thread on, then hang on tree. Enjoy the compliments!

Note: I feel like this was so simple, that I had a hard time explain it! Once you make one I am sure you will understand what I am saying, they are so easy and cute.



Happy Crafting :)

10 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Those are such cute ornaments, and so cheap! I may have to incorporate those on the tree next year.

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Great project! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

janetina said...

You are crafty in so many ways!! Who knew that your craftiness would turn to fabric and paper?

Tracie said...

super cute!

Eliz Frank said...

Stopped by to follow your blog from the Friend Finding Fridays blog hop... do comment/follow me back :-)
Have a Happy Holiday Season!
Best,
Elizabeth
Positive Kismet Blog

Jenn Erickson said...

Stoppin' by from Look at Me Saturday. What beautiful ornaments! I love ornaments made from paper and appreciate your well done tutorial. Warmest wishes, Jenn

Anonymous said...

I love them!! Thank you for the tutorial! I saw your wedding pictures on your sidebar...did you get married at the Logan temple?!? I did! Its one of the most beautiful temples! You guys make a beautiful couple!

AllieMakes! said...

Those are so fun! I love that you can hand pick the scrappin papers! Very cool!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

beautiful! I hope you'll come link them up at the craft catwalk today!
http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

phasejumper said...

Very cute-marking this to use next year!
Also, your wedding dress and veil was beautiful!