Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fabric Necklaces

My life has been busy busy busy! I have been busy making some of these as well, I have a lot of things I need to post about, but no camera cord so I have to wait!

Anyway I hand stitched this necklace it took me forever! But if you have a sewing machine, you can whip this up in less than 30 minutes.

You'll Need:
Sewing Needle/thread
6 inchs wide fabric (then cut into 3 inch strips)
Wooden beads/glass beads
Time!

If your hand sewing this just use a simple weave little stitch such as above. Sorry I don't know the name of the stitch!

Tie a not in the middle drop a bead in one side, tie another knot, then drop a bead it and continue!


I love this necklace, it has so many different colours in it which means it matches with almost everything, the fabric makes it light weight and also very unique! I'v had a good amount of people ask me where I bought it!

This necklace was featered as #1 on Vintage Pollyanna

11 comments:

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Cute! I love the variety of colour too! Thinking I need one of these soon.

Shana Putnam said...

That is so cute. What a great idea.

Katie said...

So funny! I made one of these for a Christmas gift shortly before you posted this tutorial! I made your fabric flowers to pin onto it too!

Martha Anne said...

Great minds think alike! I put a flower on one of mine too, I found a flower that works better for them too, I think anyway. I'll have to post it soon!

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Allison said...

Really cute! These would make great teacher gifts! (For the ladies, of course. LOL) I would love for you to post this on my Tell Me Tuesday link party at Vintage Pollyanna! http://vintagepollyanna.blogspot.com

Amnah said...

Yay, I love the style of these necklaces. Thanks for the great tutorial. Yours came out really cute.

By they way, pretty eyes!

Patty said...

Thanks for the tutorial! Very cute! I'm going to add this project to my "to do" list!

Vanessa said...

This necklace is so pretty! And simply, too! It would make a simple and lovely gift :D

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I've been planning on making this type of necklace but have to make a pilgramage to get bulk materials for my loot :)

Kountry Kreations said...

Super idea and way to use up scrap fabric !! Love your blog !!