Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fabric Necklaces

My life has been busy busy busy! I have been busy making some of these as well, I have a lot of things I need to post about, but no camera cord so I have to wait!

Anyway I hand stitched this necklace it took me forever! But if you have a sewing machine, you can whip this up in less than 30 minutes.

You'll Need:
Sewing Needle/thread
6 inchs wide fabric (then cut into 3 inch strips)
Wooden beads/glass beads
Time!

If your hand sewing this just use a simple weave little stitch such as above. Sorry I don't know the name of the stitch!

Tie a not in the middle drop a bead in one side, tie another knot, then drop a bead it and continue!


I love this necklace, it has so many different colours in it which means it matches with almost everything, the fabric makes it light weight and also very unique! I'v had a good amount of people ask me where I bought it!

This necklace was featered as #1 on Vintage Pollyanna
Post a Comment