Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Appreciation Date Night

My Hubby has been working so hard lately, waking up at three or five in morning to go off to work and not coming back for another ten hours. He has been exhausted from waking up so early for work, so i decided I would have a date appreciation night. So we had a date full of all the things he loves, food, ice cream, games, the temple, and Me!

Candlelit Dinner


With one of Taylor's favorite meals, chili, my mothers chili to be exact. And to make it a little more special, in a bread bowl! The best for the best :)


And things got a little messy!!


Bean Stuff

1 lb ground beef
7 slices of bacon
2 gloves minced garlic
2 tbs molasses
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/3 cup vinegar
1 can tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can of Lima beans (drained)
1 can pork and beans
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and Tabasco Sauce to taste 

Combine everything in slow cooker on high for 3 hours.


My Adorable scruffy husband!

And did I mention I dyed my hair? Its much darker now.. a mistake, but it turned out cute.
 
Our dinner was then fallowed by ice cream while looking out at the temple, and some dutch blitz. Don't forget to take your special someone out on a date, and let them know you appreciate them!

2 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

Looks like a wonderful date too. I love your hair by the way and the chili looks fabulous.

Christina said...

So cute! I love date nights :) I also just dyed my hair...and it looks like the color is super similar to yours!

BTW- I just gave you an award on my blog...come check it out! Thanks for your sweet comments :)