Saturday, December 4, 2010

Necklace/Headband Holder

Okay so this is the post I promised all of you a couple days ago. I can't believe it has taken me this long to post a craft, all the ones I have been making lately are for christmas there for unbloggable!

Well if you are all like me I have accessory issues, where do I put all of them! Head bands are a hard to store thing when they have flowers on them, and then with my new necklace venture I have so many necklaces and no place to store them. So I discovered these! 

All you need is:
- Empty Ribbon roll
- paint/or ribbon
- mod podge
- cute paper


1. If you have a brown ribbon roll like this one you want to paint it white. If you have a one one you can leave it, or like shown later I glued some ribbon inside to give it a little more depth and detail.


2. After it is painted cut out a circle. Put a layer of mod podge lay your paper down and press flat. Wait ten minute and put another layer of mod podge down, let dry and your done!

I know its so easy its silly right?


Here are my three I made, I put them up on the wall in our bathroom and hung my necklaces up on it. They also work great for head bands!


If you look past the necklace you can see brown, this is ribbon that I'v put in the inside




On this one it actually has white ribbon inside to add a little something :)
 Personally I love these, I have them up in my bathroom and they are the perfect thing to hold my necklaces and headbands. And everything is from stuff around the house, yay cheap and useful!



24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such a good idea! I would have never thought to do that! Looks Great Martha! From Aimee

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

Ridiculously clever!

lurel said...

Cute! How did you attach it to the wall? I'm concerned if I tried this that they would fall off the wall in a matter of minutes (possibly seconds).

Mandy said...

So easy! I'm in desperate need of a necklace holder. How did you hang these on your wall??

janetina said...

Did you know that Mandy is Dr. Bridges' secretary?? She asked me the other day if my daughter was Martha Phillips? Yep, she is!!

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I knew there was a reason I was keeping those spool-thingies!! Thanks! I found you through the Night Owl craft hop :)
I'm at mommydoes.blogspot.com if you want to follow back :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable idea!

kate said...

great idea! these are so cute!

Megan said...

what a great idea, and so cute! Thanks for linking up @ crazydomestic!

Glamorous Girl Gone Goofy said...

Girl, the last couple of days I have been racking my brain to try to come up with something clever to hold my necklaces. What a fantastic idea this is and so unusual!! It-is-so-craftastic-I-love-it. I will have to gather my supplies and get on with it. Do you mind if I link back to you when I post my work?

Warm wishes!

AC said...

Um ... genius! And so simple!
I recently converted a desk into a dressing table, and I was at a loss for what to do with my necklaces. Currently I have them all in a drawer, but they keep getting all tangled. I'm going to go round up my stray ribbon rolls!! Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

wow! I just LOVE you for this idea.
I just really really NEED some of these!
Thanks for the tip!!

Amy @ Journey Mum said...

That is a very very neat idea. :) Gotta love repurposing!

Danielle @ The Mad Ryno House said...

uh maze ing!

Laura said...

This is genius! Thanks so much for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day!

I've also added it to my craft blog...The Road Map.
http://aftrroadmap.blogspot.com/2010/12/necklace-hanger.html

Allison said...

Thanks for linking up!! Love 'em! http://vintagepollyanna.blogspot.com/

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I've been saving my ribbon spools knowing there had to be a good use for them. You can bet I will be doing this! Thanks for the great idea.

Samantha said...

Cute. What a great idea.

Emily said...

What a Smart Idea!

Unknown said...

SO cute! And great idea!!! WE would love for you to link this up tomorrow! http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com

Libby said...

Great Idea!

Unknown said...

Omg... These are just perfect! Woo to you!!

Unknown said...

Omg! These are just perfect! Woo to you!

Unknown said...

Omg... These are just perfect! Woo to you!!